Acceptable Use Policy on computing and network resources at CSIM program.|| |
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) complement the general AUP
defined for AIT. There is a slide
presentation explaining AIT policy.
Every person that is granted an account (further known as the User) on CSIM
computing and network facilities (further known as CSIM network) is bound to
comply with the following AUP.
The User is responsible for the security of the personnal account that he/she
is given on CSIM computing and network facilities.
- The User must protect his/her account by setting a password. The password
chosen must be at least 6 characters long and must include upper and lower
case letters, numbers and punctiation marks. The User must change his/her
password on request by the administration of CSIM network.
- The account given to the User is personal. In no circumstance, the User
can give access to his/her account to any other individual, nor the user must
disclose his/her password.
- The user must not leave a terminal or a computer unattended while he/she is logged
in CSIM network. Such unnattended terminal or computer may be used to gain
access to the User's account.
- Allowing external access through the use of a ~/.rhost file may
create a security hole, facilitating an intruder to gain access to other systems.
The User is strongly recommended to avoid such file.
- The User is responsible for the files that are stored in his/her account.
It is the User's own responsibility to check that no foreing file is stored
in his/her account. In case a foreing file is detected, the User must inform
the administrator of CSIM network.
- If the above rules are not followed, the account of the User may be terminated
and no further account will be given to the User on CSIM network.
If security is violated because of the User neglect to follow the above rules,
the User will be responsible for the damages caused to CSIM network.