Course code: AT70.13
This course is elective
To provide the students with key knowledge about the nature and challenges of computer security, especially the relationship between policy and security, the role and application of cryptography, the mechanisms used to implement policies, the methodologies and technologies for assurance, vulnerability analysis and intrusion detection and building secure systems.
Computer security, cryptography, security protocols, access control, authentication and authorization, system security, intrusion detection, hacking prevention, virus protection.
1. Conventional Encryption
2. Public Key Encryption and Hash Functions
3. Digital Signature
III. Access Control
1. Security Models and Access Policies
2. Access Control in Operating Systems
3. Access Control in Distributed System: Credentials and Certificates, Trust Management, Trust Negotiations.
IV. Security Protocols
1. Key Exchange
3. Authentication and Key Exchange
4. Electronic Payment Protocols: Nonrepudiation, Fairness, Abuse-Freeness, Multiparty Protocols
5. Formal Analysis
V. Network Security Practice
1. Electronic Mail Security
2. IP Security
3. Web Application Security
VI. System Security
1. Intruder Prevention, Virus Protection
VII. Security Management