Welcome to CSIM
Dr. Matthew N. Dailey, CSIM Coordinator
Computer Science field of study (CS FoS) aims to meet the growing international demand for highly-skilled computer specialists by:
- Providing a curriculum that enables students to acquire the breadth required to function in the modern-day computer industry;
- Providing a state-of-the-art research environment;
- Encouraging students to specialize beyond the basic curriculum in areas of high demand by doing theses and research studies;
- Fostering close relationships with both local industry and international organizations.
Information Management field of study (IM FoS) is designed to prepare students to respond to four basic challenges confronting organizations today:
- Planning the effective use of information and communication technologies with organizations;
- Developing corporate and government policies to maximize the benefits resulting from the widespread use of these technologies;
- Improving the strategic management of information resources in business, government, and non-profit organizations;
- Increasing the productivity and creativity of managers and executives who work with information resources.
In addition to the traditional Master's program in computer science, CSIM also offers a Master's degree in computer science with specialization in software engineering. The software engineering program is specially designed to fill the Asia-Pacific region's needs for highly-trained specialists in software development and the management of software development projects. Students in the program will:
- Receive in-depth training in the latest software development tools techniques, and trends;
- Learn the industry's best practices for management of large software projects;
- Get experience on real problems in collaboration with public and private sector partners during internships.
The software engineering program is particularly aimed at students already having work experience in the software industry.
Telecom SudParis (France), Aalto University (Finland), Asian Insitute of Technology (Thailand), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong) and National Chiao Tung University (Taiwan) jointly offers a unique Euro-Asian curriculum at the master's level addressing key issues in communication networks and services specializing in the European and Asian contexts. Our graduates are ready to apply cutting-edge concepts and technologies in IT and in the telecommunications industry. Graduates of this programme have been employed by leading telecommunication companies, IT industry firms, research centers and universities in North America, Europe and Asia.
This program introduces our student to the ICT fundamentals that provide the background in multimedia mobile networks and services while targeting a theoretical background and practical knowledge. The objective is for them to learn how to analyze, design and plan networks while also becoming acquainted with deployment, operation, optimization, maintenance and control of these networks, and to anticipate the major changes that will occur in the IT and telco industries.